That's right. This post is not about doctors. This post is about me. The first of it that is. Once upon a time...my name is Tracy. Hi.
Depression is apart of life. Now that I have said that, how do I deal with mine? I do things. Like stuff. To occupy. Then at some point I own it. Then I try to guess the reasons why I am feeling the blues and sometimes there are none.
Then, I un-feel the blues. Plenty of things to do so in my opinion, there is never a real good reason to stay depressed in my opinion. How did I come to such a massive conclusion? Remember here....I was mentioning how pessimism can be in one of my other posts. It comes and goes for everyone. Sometimes it stays however long you want it and sometimes its more permanent in nature....how did I arrive at my UN-intened conclusion up there....? I pursued a degree in arts.
That was my first start out. I find that art relaxes me. Most of the times. I find people who are artists to be extremely unique as pursuing the arts gives you a whole arena of avenues to express yourself. That's why I am an artist. I found myself, while continuing my studies, even if I piled on the debt. Now, as far as other careers, you're an artist first too. Think about that.
As I was saying....this post here is about my opinions. Yeah I was born in Jamaica, but I grew up here.
I'm both. In New York there is a name for us and its called Jamerican. No one is to take what I say as the "Whatever" it is you think I mean "it" to be. I don't mean nothing, I just write. Its called expression. But, now we are getting to the real reasons for this post besides me which are not a joke at all.
Yeah. I can't bring myself to say the G word. I say it in private for whatever I need to say it for. The G word is the word used to describe a certain deadly metal. It takes the lives of our citizens, even kids. The Constitution gave the right for citizens to have it.
So, I just want you to understand why I reach the conclusions I reach. I am not a politician, I am artist always. But I did learn about the Founding Fathers because I wanted to. They came up with some brilliance that it appears no one else was really able to come up with what they managed at the time they did. Since I wasn't born in that time, I cannot tell you how they shaped America you have to go and see for yourselves. I am going to give you one short reason why I think they are brilliant.....
1) America is mostly free enterprise. If I don't like the service of one business I can simply go to another, and another, or that other one. You don't realize how brilliant that is until you own a business or operate one.
End now...about the Founding Gentlemen. And might I add the times they were constructing that document? They must have had immense push back. They over came it. And not at a low price. That's my opinion.
Back to Whepp.
Its a cold thing, it cannot be fired unless a hand pulls the trig. How do hands get to pull the trig? Well, only they have their reasons.
You know...high school is important. Can high tech inconspicuous metal detectors work at schools and be mandatory? idk...maybe...when parents ask why is this machine in the school or if it scares children its sort of easy to explain to them about whepps and the harm it causes.
1) Maybe being a graduate of high school should be a criteria? Idk...but that's easily checked. GEDs' are the same thing as High School Diplomas.
2) What about raising the age limit for purchases period? idk....but im thinking if you have an age limit for drinking, sellers maybe you can decide on a reasonable mature age for ownership to be possible....this will take care of the "sort of irresponsible" part, so that whepps are not getting into the hands of people that are too young. Like I said IDK here. It might work it might not. Anything is worth it if that can save even one life.
3) What about a job? have they been fired? I know you don't think that's important, but it kind of is. What were the reasons? Check.
4) Ranges are not so bad ideas. (yeah you might think this is overstepping into allowance of something to continue but remember here, the "Constitution". Need I say more? We are living here in this country aren't we? Well, living here, means there is a document directing us how our economy should be. It can't be changed even though it can be amended. There is something in it for every culture. We are a nation of all cultures. It protects us even though it doesn't always work for us individually. In my educated guess, I truly believe the founding ones meant to bring peace, freedom and prosperity. America to me is one of the most prosperous places. We do assist a lot of folks so I hope we continue to do that as world peace does require compromises. Many....many.....many.....many, and then some more. Some compromises are better than others.
5) In my opinion, if someone wants to own a whepp....I would require 60 hours of anger management non-negotiable, more for high risk states. Renewable every 1-3 years makers and sellers can decide how that should work that way makers can protect the sellers and vice versa even if you don't think that's what you are doing. (But no one is going to listen to me and my opinion so don't worry I'm fine with that).
6) In my opinion, (My speech teacher taught me that by the way) she told me how to form my own opinions and own them. Anyway...my opinion is....if citizens want to own whepps....I don't see why 60 or more hours of safety training renewable every 12 months in order to keep your whepps be a bad thing. Like people are at risk, the public....your fellow citizens who support your businesses, they are at risk as long as nothing is done. We can't take the whepps, but you can add as many measures as possible to make it safer to own whepps.
7) In my opinion, there should be categories in which a citizen can own whepps in, is it for hunting? is it for a collection? (I know this is already a measure maybe) but if its for hunting, then who what why where how ... as many details, do they have access to a range instead?
8) In my opinion, the reason why I put the high school thing up there and being a graduate is because school is where you are able to see a child develop into a teen and into an adult....does this child have a history of mental illness? what is their home situation like?
Schools. You are the rock of our communities. I hope you know, that even with all the failures, successes balance that.
9) Finally....Parents. If you own a whepp, is it secure? how sure are you? They inspect homes for lesser things I'm sure, how about your responsibilities for keeping the whepp out of the hands of your children? I am a parent so anything I say...I'm talking about myself when it comes to taking responsibility for something I say. The truth is parents know so much and much much more than the schools do. Do you swear that by purchasing the whepp you have a safe place to store it and lock it away? Do you swear you yourself as a parent do not struggle with depression and mental illness or have a history of mental illness? Do you so swear that you have not purchased the whepp to commit bodily harm against innocents? Purchasers need to take some responsibility as the sellers. You can say you are just a seller, but you are the salesperson of the most deadliest thing humanity bears the brunt of. So its okay for you to actually want to take more responsible measures is all we are asking. Buyers, its your responsibility to own safely so violence doesn't spill out into your communities. You can also opt to purchase blank rounds or bb rounds for even more safety if you so desire. In my opinion, sellers or even manufacturers should be able to make a judgment on whether a particular purchaser or purchasers can purchase the blank or bb rounds as well. They are the ones selling it.
I'm separating this part.
I just want to say in closing. A lot of the times, people forget the First Ladies, that they have as much stake in an outcome as we the citizens have in our choices. They are the ones also who visit the cemeteries of our Veterans, maybe if their schedule allows they do other things. Sometimes they even have to visit parents who have lost their children to violence. What's not to admire about the first ladies of the US. Sometimes their families have to take a back burner for our interests. They were chosen by the people.
For the people.
No matter what you think of them they deserve your respect.
Support them. Anyone of them you choose. It doesn't have to be all of them. They are varied. They are different people, each of them has their own way to digest whats happening around them and contribute. I believe they want us in all honesty to remember them with grace. So if they have a book or something, try to buy it or support them in some other way. Even in your prayers and hearts. Likewise for our world's princesses and queens.
Thanks for reading.
My name is Tracy and welcome to my site and blog page. Thanks for stopping by. On this page I will try to catalogue some things or pivotal moments I feel have made me who I am. There may even be moments that are not so pivotal but more like a muse, a funny memory or otherwise. Be warned though, I may take things off, I may re-edit or remove things. If you happen to read something and it isn't here anymore, its because I am either re-editing, or getting ready to add something else. Also, some of the things I say on here may be understandable and some may not, and sometimes I may not blog or add anything for a while. It's okay with me if you don't understand me or what I write, I mean no ill will in my words or what I write so don't take it personal if it offends you that's just not my aim. My blog or this page is created for me, and for my fans or anyone who wants to come on here and read what I write.